Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Integrative Touch for Kids. It means a great deal to the families that we serve to know that their providers are offering services from a place of genuine love and caring. Your willingness to donate time, expertise, and a heart-felt connection is what makes our program such an amazing success!
Our volunteers are invaluable for the work that we do and we are deeply grateful for all of your efforts.
Whether you’re interested in volunteering at events, in the office, or working directly with children and families (for one hour a week or hundreds of hours a year!) we have a volunteer opportunity to fit your unique skills and schedule.
2013 Healing Retreat Volunteer Opportunities
Our fifth annual Healing Retreat for children with special medical needs and their families will be held July 21st-27th at the wonderful Hacienda del Sol Resort.
Thank you to everyone who got their application in by the May 15th deadline! We will be working fervently to create the master schedule for the week! If you were unable to submit your application by the deadline, we will still accept applications if space permits. Volunteers who submitted applications by the deadline will be scheduled first and any space left available will be used for late submissions. You are all the butterfly effect and we could not do it without your generous support and dedication! Thank you for your willingness to be such a special and integral part of our healing retreat.
We ask that all retreat volunteers be willing to commit to a minimum of two sessions or one day during the week long retreat. Your commitment and caring make a huge difference to the children and families we serve.
Below you will find several ways to volunteer for our retreat week. Click the links below to download the application for the position that interests you.
- General Volunteer - Volunteers over the age of 18 who are not Healing Arts Practitioners.
- Junior Volunteer - Volunteers between the ages of 11 and 17 years.
- Nurse Volunteer - RNs or other LNPs
- Returning Healing Arts Practitioner - Healing Arts Practitioners who have volunteered at previous ITK Healing Retreats.
- Volunteer Healing Arts Practitioner - Healing Arts Practitioners who have not volunteered at previous ITK Healing Retreats. This includes anyone who will provide a therapy or workshop to children and families.
- Specific Activity Volunteer - Specific Activity Volunteers are volunteers who are coming in to provide only one specific activity and then will be leaving the property. Examples include musicians, lifeguards, and guides for the morning hikes.
Please fill out the above retreat volunteer application form of your choice and email it to email@example.com or mail it to ITK, 8340 N. Thornydale Road #110-153, Tucson AZ 85741. The volunteer application deadline for this year's retreat is May 15th. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- We require all retreat volunteers to complete a written application. Healing Arts Practitioners (HAPs) are required to participate in a personal interview. For individuals that live outside of Tucson, interviews may be conducted over the phone or via Skype.
- Nurses and HAPs who would like to offer their services to children with special needs and their families must provide copies of their resume, current licenses and liability coverage (if available).
- Background Check - Integrative Touch for Kids requires an independent background check for all volunteers who will be attending the Healing Retreat. This includes HAPs, nurses, general volunteers and any supporting personnel who will be present on site. Once your application has been reviewed, we will send you information on next steps for completing your background check.
Currently, ITK is seeking innovative, dedicated and enthusiastic interns to fill multiple positions in our office.
Through a combination of learning experiences, work projects, and group collaborations, interns become integral members of our team. Internships at ITK will sharpen your skill set, maximize your networking potential, and execute meaningful programs and events throughout our community.
Internship positions are unpaid; hours range from 6-20 hours weekly, which may include some weekends. High School or College level students may be entitled to credit hours for your internship.
Currently screening candidates for Summer/Fall 2013 and Winter/Spring 2014
WEBSITE, MARKETING & GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
- The Website, Marketing and Graphic Design Intern at Integrative Touch for Kids (ITK) helps the organization in its efforts to market events, develop and update ITK’s website and social media efforts and design event marketing materials. Interns should have a background in web-design, Flash, and various graphic design software programs. Interns must also have a desire to expand skills in these fields and be comfortable managing a variety of different projects. Experience in Constant Contact email marketing program, Dreamweaver, and a graphic design program is preferred.
HEALING RETREAT PROGRAM INTERNSHIP
- The Healing Retreat Intern supports our annual ITK Whole-Child, Whole-Family, Whole-Community Healing Retreat Week that takes place each summer. This internship begins in the late spring/early summer and runs through the end of the healing retreat week. This intern reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for site and event preparations, orientations, volunteer management and coordination, helping to plan the kids activities program, and other special events connected to the retreat week. Applicants should have a background/interest in events preparation and planning and/or child and family services and the healing arts.
DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP
- The Data Management Intern reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the managing data entry using Excel and a program called Gift Works (online tutorials are available). Applicants should have a background/interest in data management and an ability to assist in updating records on a daily basis for up to multiple events each year (concerts, retreats, fundraisers, etc.)
- The Communications Intern at ITK helps the organization in its efforts to promote ITK’s unique mission. This can include developing creative outreach ideas within the community and promoting special events. Interns should have an interest in public relations, journalism and/or marketing with a desire to expand skills in writing and editing as well as communications with the public through phone, written and in-person meetings.
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNSHIP
- The Special Events Intern will be responsible for helping to plan and coordinate major ITK events. Duties include assisting the Executive Director and the ITK Program Planning Committees in managing donations, invitations, auctions, thank you gifts, venue/food, and sponsorships. Applicants should have a background/interest in event coordinating and fundraising. Experience in Excel and an ability to seek out new partnerships within the community is a plus.
ASSISTANT TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR INTERNSHIP
- Intern will work closely under the Executive Director, and learn the fundamentals of an Executive Director’s job, including fundraising, grant writing, managing programs, team building, and much more. Organizational, communication, and analytical skills are essential. Applicants should also have a strong interest in the healing arts and events.
If you are interested in INTERN opportunities with ITK, please contact us at Info@IntegrativeTouch.org to set up an interview.